Summer days take us outside to enjoy fun in the sun. Yard work, long hikes, and reading a book poolside are perfect opportunities to enjoy an iced cold beverage. Try the following creative beverages that are sure to delight.
Lemonade with a Twist
Freshly squeezed lemons and a few sweet ingredients create a refreshing lemonade with an unexpected minty twist.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon juice (frozen will do in a pinch)
- Mint leaves (grow in your herb garden)
- Crushed ice or ice cubes (freeze lemon juice for added flavor)
- Honey or a touch of sugar
Simply combine lemon juice, mint leaves, and ice cubes into a pitcher, blend well. Add water, sweetener to taste. Garnish your glass with thinly sliced lemons and a few fresh mint leaves. Perfect!
Creamy Iced Coffee
Add some pep to your step with a creamy iced coffee beverage that is perfect for any time of the day…or night! This recipe can make use of leftover morning coffee.
- Brewed coffee (chilled)
- Sweetened condensed milk or half & half if you prefer a less sweet beverage
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
Fill a tall jar or pitcher with ice. In a different glass, combine the cold coffee and sweetener. Stir well and pour the coffee blend over the ice. You’ll feel like your in an outdoor bistro!
Cherry Raspberry Smoothie
This healthy summer treat is the tastiest when made with fresh fruit but frozen will do. Smoothie lovers fall in love with the crisp, sweetness, and fulfilling smoothie blend.
- 1 C fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 C fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 C Coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons Gogi berries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Crushed Ice
Combine all ingredients into a blender. Mix until desired consistency. Pour into glasses, garnish with raspberries. Enjoy!
Share these recipes with friends, serve them outside and rate your favorites! Enjoy!